Michelin is committed to protecting your personal information and being clear and transparent about what information we collect and how we use it. This policy explains how any personal information we collect when you use our website or digital services or platforms, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
1. Who we are and how we can be contacted
Our full company name is Michelin Lifestyle Limited (“Michelin”) and when you use our website and our services directly we act as a Data Controller.
If you need to contact us you have a number of options, you can:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- send us a letter addressed to Michelin Lifestyle Ltd, Campbell Road, Stoke on Trent ST4 4EY
- contact us using our contact form on our website
2. About our Data Protection Officer
While everyone at Michelin is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, we have a data protection team that deals with all aspect of personal data at Michelin. You can contact our data protection team by sending an email to email@example.com.
3. Other policies and information we encourage you to read
- (a) Additional privacy policies
- (c) Our Terms of Website Use
- (d) Linked Platforms
(a) Additional privacy policies
(d) Linked platforms
Our site may contain links to and from our websites and digital platforms of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and social media pages. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
4. Information we may collect from you
This section sets out:
- how we collect your personal information;
- the categories of data that we collect;
- a description of how we plan to use the information we collect;
- the legal basis that we will rely on to process information collected; and
- where possible, how long we will hold the information collected.
We may collect and hold the following information about you:
Type of Data
Lawful basis for processing
|Information you give to us when you enter a competition or promotion (“Promotion Data”).||To enable us to send you further information about the competition or a prize if you are the competition winner. Unless we state otherwise when we collect your information, we will only use this information for managing and administer the competitions or promotions.||Promotion Data might include, for example, your name and e-mail address.
If you win a prize we may request your full address to enable us to send you your prize
|The performance of an agreement between you and us to enter the competition or promotion.||Unless we specify a specific retention period at the time of the competition or promotion, Promotion Data will be deleted no later than 24 months after competition or promotion end date.|
|Information you provide to us when you complete a survey or respond to a questionnaire or submit a review or feedback (“Review Data”).||To collect information about a specific matter, for example, our services to you or reviews of our products.
In many cases surveys, and questionnaires are anonymous and we only collect personal information for statistical data. If this is not the case, we will let you know at the time of collecting the information.
|Information may include your full name, your email address and other personal data requested.||We will use our legitimate interests in the monitoring and improvement of our products and services to our customers and users as the legal basis for processing Review Data.||While we like to retain reviews and feedback from you to help other website users, we will anonymise or delete your reviews and feedback after 6 years.
Any information collected pursuant to a survey or questionnaire will be deleted within 3 years of you submitting your responses. Any information retained will be aggregated, statistical data only.
|Information you provide us when you communicate with us, e.g. by email or contact us form via our websites “Communication Data”||This information is used to enable us to respond to or following up on your comments, queries or questions||Information may include your full name, your email address and other personal data you provide us to enable us to deal with your communication.||We will use our legitimate interests in the assisting you and answering your communications as the legal basis for processing Communication Data.||We will hold on to Communication Data for as long as it is necessary to enable us to deal with the matter relating to that communication. Once your matter has been dealt with, unless we inform you otherwise, we will delete Communication Data within 6 months.|
When you provide us information (for example, the information set out in the scenarios above), in some cases we may ask you for additional, voluntary information. This information will be identified as optional and is used to help us better understand our customers and tailor our services to them and you.
We also collect and use aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data (“Aggregated Data”). Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but does not reveal your identity in any way. For example, we may aggregate your Usage and Device Data to calculate the percentage of our website users accessing a specific feature of our website. Aggregated Data is used for our own business purposes only.
Sensitive Personal Information
While we do not request sensitive personal data, we do have sections on our websites where you can submit additional information, for example, when you submit a contact us form. If you submit information on these free text sections, only submit information you are comfortable providing and always bear in mind that it may be sensitive information. If you submit reviews or feedback for our website, please remember that this information will be visible to others users of our website.
5. Marketing Communications
When you sign up to receive any of our newsletters or marketing communications we will use the information you provide us, usually just your name and email address, to enable us to send you our newsletters, promotions and other communications you’ve requested. We will process your personal information for marketing purposes based on your consent.
Don’t’ worry, if you decide at any point that you no longer want to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time. There are a number of ways you can do this: (i) there is always an unsubscribe option at the bottom of each marketing communication we send to you; and (ii) you can also contact us by email or letter using any of the contact details set out in this notice. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop sending you our newsletters and promotions and other communication as requested.
We will generally send you marketing communications until you choose to unsubscribe from receiving them. However, if we have not heard from you for a while or notice that you have not opened our emails in a period of 36 months, we will remove your details from our database. There’s nothing stopping you from subscribing again at any time.
6. Information we collect about you from other places
To enable us to provide you with our services, we may receive personal information about you from other sources, including:
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other products or services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, technical service providers, analytics providers, such as Google Analytics and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests in monitoring and improving our website, products and services.
- Information from our web servers’ logs, for example information about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may also collect information on the searches you carry out on our website and your interaction with communications we send you, for example, when you open email communications. (“Usage and Device Data”). This information is used by us for system administration and to analyse how people are using our websites and platforms. It also helps us to provide the best infrastructure for your online experiences. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website, products and services.
- Our website may enable you to share your experience and connect with us through third party social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. We may collect this information from our social media sites, including likes, shares and tweets, and about the content on social networking sites. We do not control the privacy of the information you provide on social media networks and the privacy policies of those social media networks will apply when using their services.
7. Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within UK. Unless you are told otherwise in any specific privacy notices provided by us, we do not transfer any personal information outside the EEA.
While we are committed to keeping your personal information secure, the transmission of information online via the internet is not completely secure. We, together with our service providers will do our best to protect your personal information but information provided is at your sole risk.
8. Sharing your personal information
We only share your personal data with people who have a need to know such information to perform their responsibilities. We may share your personal information with the following:
Service Providers – Michelin Lifestyle may share your personal information with select service providers that Michelin Lifestyle may use to process your request or provide its services to you. These service providers act as data processors on our behalf and provide IT and system administration services, such as hosting and email services. For example, our website is manged and hosted by Lesniak Swann Ltd and we used Google Analytics provided by Google LLC.
These service providers are legally obligated to keep the personal information they may have received confidential and secure and to use your personal information the basis of our instructions only.
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or transfer any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective purchaser or recipient of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Michelin Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In order to manage risks and legal disputes and obtaining professional legal advice. This disclosure will be on a confidential basis and only to our professional advisors who are under a duty of confidentiality.
9. How long will personal information be kept by us
As a rule, we will not hold your personal information for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For more specific retention periods, please see section 4 above. While we do everything we can to comply with these retention periods, if there is a legal, accounting or tax reason why the information is to be held for longer, we will only retain the information for as long as necessary to satisfy that legal, accounting or tax reason.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. Your rights under data protection legislation
Data protection legislation provides you with certain rights when it comes to the processing of your information. These are the right to:
- (a) be informed
- (b) access your information
- (c) correct your information
- (d) delete your information
- (e) restrict processing
- (f) transfer information
- (g) object to processing
(a) The right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about how we collect and process your personal information, including who we are, how we use your personal information and your rights in relation to your personal information. We have gathered all the information you need in this privacy notice.
(b) The right of access your information
You have the right to access the personal information we have on you. We can confirm whether or not your information is being processed and provide you with access to your personal information.
(c) The right to correct your information
(d) The right to delete your information
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal. There are limited circumstances in which you can request deletion of you information, these include, where the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we originally collected or processed it and where you have withdrawn your consent to the processing by us.
If you would like further information on your right to deletion, please just ask.
(e) The right to restrict processing
In some circumstances, you also have the right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal information. If you request us to suppress your personal information, we will suspend any further processing of it.
(f) The right to transfer information
If you want to move or transfer your personal information to a different service provider or copy your information for your own purposes, you have the right to have your information transferred to another person.
(g) The right to object
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You can find further information on your data protection rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”) at www.ico.org.uk.
11. What can you do if you’re not happy
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. However, if you’re not happy with how we collect or process your information or just want some further information on your rights, you can contact us in the following ways:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- send us a letter addressed to the Data Protection Officer, Michelin Lifestyle Ltd, Campbell Road, Stoke on Trent ST4 4EY.
We will work with you to resolve any issues you may have and aim to answer any question raised by you as soon as possible. You can also make a complaint to the ICO – further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
12. About Data Security
Michelin Lifestyle has implemented measures to protect the privacy, security and integrity of your personal data. Access to personal data is restricted to those employees and service providers who need to know this information and who have been trained to comply with rules on confidentiality.
Michelin Lifestyle ensures that your personal data are not altered, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
We may change our policy from time to time. Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. If you have an online account with us, we may notify you of any changes by email or through your account the next time you log on.